Sunday, March 22, 2009

D40x + 35 1.8 P&S


D40x + 35 1.8 P&S, originally uploaded by gugs.

An interesting high quality compact camera and a highly recommended combo. I added the recently released 35mm1.8 lens to the D40x camera (same body as the D60). The 35mm is approximately equivalent to the 50mm everybody was using on film reflex cameras in the good old days. High quality, no zoom (use your feet), back to the good old photography... I really love this camera for the compactness and the light weight. Everybody should give it a try.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Guy, I very much like your blog! I didn't realize you had a blog as well - found the link from your site. Nice images here - good samples of your work!

I'll have to check back on occasion to see what you've got going.

BTW - I wish Nikon had a smaller DSLR camera (metal, not plastic like D40 or D60, and two control dials)! Something like FM3a, but digital would tickle my fancy.

All the best,

Gerald

Ian said...

Guy,

great post! thanks for posting up the picture of the 35mm 1.8. I'm a D60 owner and had a hard time finding pics of the lens on a body. Looks great and I think I'll be picking it up (found via LinkedIn forum post)

happy hunting!
ian