Ultra shallow DOF using a macro lens (105VR), handheld, with the pop-up flash on the D40x, my simple travel camera, focus in the middle.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
This is a test picture with the D40x. I shot this almost in the dark, using the on board flash, with the 105VR macro lens (becoming one of my favorite lenses)... the flower just seems to be floating in the air thanks to the use of flash and the shallow depth of field. A few relevant parameters: ISO100 and f11.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
my new allround camera... I just decided to go for the D40x, a camera with a lot of limitations, but excellent picture quality. Here pictured with 2 of my favorite lenses, the 105VR and the 70-200VR.
- small package
- excellent picture quality at a reasonable price
- very intuitive user interface
- excellent on board flash performance
- good ISO performance
- excellent LCD display
- very good viewfinder
- limited ISO steps
- no CLS (wireless flash system support)
- only one thumbwheel
- a few critical functions only via menus (BUT function button available)
- no grid display in viewfinder
- no optional grip
- batteries incompatible with other cameras (D50, D70, D80, D200, D300)
- incompatible with AF lenses without a built-in motor (only AF-S and HSM lenses will work. This is a HUGE limitation.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
This is a picture I shot in Turkey last year... with the "crappy" 18-200VR lens on the D200. I loved that place, a fishermen's village on the South coast of the country... I am going back at the end of the month and I am already thinking of the nice weather and the friendly people over there.
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Just a casual shot for today... I have been in a training center for a week.. superb environment... I had my "simple" camera with me, a D70+18-200VR, took a few pics in the park where the training center was located... gives a peaceful feeling... nothing more to share today...